Friday, February 19, 2010

School days

Looking back at my posts, it seems like all I post about is traveling! So, I decided it would be good to put up photos of the place where I spend a lot of my time- school!! As I mentioned in one of my first posts, I work in a suburb of Madrid called Tres Cantos. I take the commuter train directly to the town every morning which takes about 30 minutes. It's pretty far north so you can see the Sierra Mountains from the train station:

And from my classroom windows:

I recently went on a field trip with my 1st grade students to the main public library in Tres Cantos. They saw a little play and then got to color some pictures having to do with the play, and look around the library. Here they are coloring,




Enjoying the reading room


Back in the classroom after the field trip


The whole school also celebrated "Dia de la paz" or "Peace Day" in English. Everyone went out on the patio and sang songs and danced. Here are my kids preparing for the dance

They were all supposed to wear plain white shirts, but it was really cold that day so they put them over their jackets, making them look like little marshmallows! Here they are dancing.


Two students from each grade got to read a message in English and Spanish promoting peace. Below are the 3rd graders.

At the end the teachers released balloons into the air.

It was a great day and fun for the kids to do something a little different. Overall, I have been really enjoying school and loving the kids! I couldn't ask for a better work situation.

Hasta luego!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment